Excuses not to stick to a healthy eating program
Well, the end of January is near and I’m wondering how you’re doing with your new health resolutions on eating and exercise.
We have countless excuses not to continue….
- That chocolate pastry. I simply cannot give up my chocolate fix. I need chocolate.
- It’s so much easier to make yourself a cheese sandwich when you’re really hungry, rather than taking time to fix a nice salad and a lean piece of chicken.
- Or, oh that pasta with the cream sauce looks so good. I’ll have a couple helpings. It shouldn’t hurt.
- I’m going out with friends to the bar and we’re sharing a big plate of nachos with goopy cheese and the trimmings. How can I just sit there and watch everyone eat?
- I sit in front of the TV in the evening and there are so many food commercials. Tempting food commercials. I can’t stand it. I need a snack and I need it now!
- I just cannot go to bed on an empty stomach. It’s driving me crazy.
- I have such a stressful job. If I could only bite into a lovely chocolate chip cookie, I know it can get me through this deadline.
- Exercise – oh my gosh I can’t get up this early to go to the gym. I am so beat – I need another hour of sleep.
- At the end of the day, I have so much to catch up on. I have to make the kids lunch, do the laundry, tidy up the kitchen – and still exercise? I don’t think so. Besides, I’m exhausted.
So much of what is happening to us is in our brain. We need to change our thinking for a commitment to a more healthy lifestyle.
I can help you. I don’t give you a hard time.
I help you to you be kind to yourself, make YOU feel important. And I gently help you make those important changes.
Contact me at email@example.com
I’ll be kind to you.
To listen to the Excuses, Excuses, Excuses audio click below.